Sunday, October 14, 2007

An End in Sight

This has been the sickest I have been in years. The only way to explain the feeling is that it's like being 8 weeks pregnant with constant nausea, throbbing headache, etc, but not being able to say, "It's okay, in a few weeks I'll have a baby." This feeling went more along the lines of "Please god let me just die in PEACE!"

Here's the breakdown. Wednesday, I met a really good friend of mine at the pumpkin patch. We meet every year. At home that night, my knees were KILLING me. I attributed it to being outside in the chilly weather all day.
Then it moved into my hip joints. And then, I know it sounds crazy, but it's true, I could feel every joint in my sacrum area, up thru my spinal column. I was in real pain people! The only person who believed me was Jen, because she works with kids who have REAL joint problems due to autoimmune disorders. Thank goodness I'm not in that league.

Thursday I was a zombie. I got Jack to school (small victory) and I really don't remember the rest of that fever fun day. Other than I drove to a birthday party to pick Jack up.

Friday, oh Friday, the fun Stomach virus kicked in. Keep in mind, that due to nausea I hadn't eaten since lunch on Wednesday, and had been dry heaving ever since. Now, Montezuma's Revenge took hold. On what I'm not sure, since all I had was water and Gatorade. I think I slept almost the entire day. Went to bed before the kids did, around 6, and woke up around 7:30 the next morning.

Saturday, things still aren't great, but they are improving. I'm functioning enough at leas t to go to Jack's open house at school. Ironically enough, he could have cared less that I was there. Super Oma had come up special to meet his teachers and what not. Mother's guilt couldn't have kept me chained up at home, but he didn't even notice I was there. Figures.

Today, Sunday, things are on the up and up. I finally ate some bread and plain spaghetti, looks like it's staying where it's supposed to. It may be fun to step on a scale tomorrow and see that I probably lost NO POUNDS, but I'm sure since John had the same thing and he's a MAN he lost like 15. They do it so easily. Stinking men!

He did good though, and took care of the kids. It's almost a blessing that this hit us around the same time, as he was home all week working on his computer in the basement. Tomorrow it's back to the old grind though, and I'm a bit nervous, but we're still going to lay low around here.

It kills me that there has been a whole lot of electronic babysitting going on, but what can you do? Sometimes you just need to sleep! Wow, it's 8:30 already? Time for my nap.

(oh lordy, I'm starting to sound like my dad--whose bedtime is somewhere around 7 every day....)

No comments: