Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Pelvic Pain

If you read my previous blog and followed the SPD link, I just want you to know that my pain is still present, but my initial Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction was most likely caused by misalignment in my pelvic floor (Thank you Gymnastics and dreams of being the next Mary Lou Retton).

My relief came in the form of physical therapy and cranial sacral realignment. I have been advised to never run for exercise purposes, and to stick with "water aerobics" by my physical therapist. It still hurts to lift one leg up to get dressed. It still hurts to sit to long and then move (which is why I am in constant motion, for those of you who know me). It still hurts to do a lot of things. It really, really does.

But how can I complain? I have 3 beautiful kids to thank for this problem, and really they are beautiful.

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

Oh this sounds horrible! I am so sorry. So it isn't your general run of the mill "I can't jump rope, sneeze or jump on a trampoline anymore" due to having kids. It sounds like it is very painful. I clicked on your link and I don't want any of that! I wish you didn't have it either.
love, Julianne

jen said...

Pelivic pain is the worst! I hope with a little PT you will get better, but sadly it will probably be in about 3 years when you "should" stop picking up children. That sounds too terrible so forget I said it. AND the whole complaining thing... well 3 beautiful children or not, you are still in pain and you are not a martir, complain all you want girlfriend! I will listen!
Jen