Monday, October 23, 2006

A Month of Meals

Well, I did it. Yesterday my friend and I, along with her good friend got together in her kitchen and made 24 freezable meals. I am sooo excited about this once a month cooking thing. 4 p.m. seems to be witching hour here, some days I have all 3 children screaming and yelling at me. It is not stressful at all, really.

Anyway, it's really hard to make dinner at that time, but family dinner when John gets home at 6 is really important to me. Even if I have to leave to the next room to breastfeed, the t.v. is off and we are there as a family. What to do, what to do?

Solution: we made meals for a month. All I have to do is take one out of the freezer in the garage, thaw and cook according to the directions on the label our friend made. Easy breezy.

John was laughing at me earlier today (he works from home Mondays and Fridays) because I took chicken out to thaw. He said "Uhh, didn't you spend NINE HOURS cooking yesterday? Why are you thawing chicken?" Obvious answer: Why waste a frozen meal when he's home to help supervise and calm screaming children? Right? Am I right? Of course I am!!

Soo, the 30 day gourmet has yet to be tested. But I'm sure it will be fine. The best part is that it averages out to about $9 per meal to feed my family. That's a complete meal folks, meat, veggie, and starch. How awesome is THAT???

No comments: