Monday, October 23, 2006

Bosses Day vs Sweetest Day

Happy Sweetest day. Belated. Of course it's a Hallmark Holiday, but every once in a while it's nice to give and recieve a card that says you still love someone, even when the trials of daily life don't necessarily allow for adult conversation.

I forgot all about Sweetest day, but remembered my mom's birthday, so when buying her card I noticed the Sweetest cards. I also saw the Bosses day cards and remembered that Mr. Big Pants (John) got a promotion recently and is a true Boss at work. He was ahem...upset that his employees didn't recognize him on bosses day. This from the man who never recognized his bosses ever, but still.

So, I considered getting him a bosses day card for sweetest day, but then I remembered, DUH! He is NOT the boss of me, no matter what anyone thinks, so a cartoon Cat saying a goofy poem about spending money and breaking appliances it was...as it is every Sweetest day and Valentine's day.

Then I felt like garbage because for a Hallmark Holiday he got me a massage and made dinner. He said the massage was for all the work I did for Maddie's baptism, but I still feel like a bad wife. I didn't get him a gift. Aaaargh!

Maybe I'll make it up to him and let him be the boss of me for a little while. Maybe that will be gift enough....only for a LITTLE while though.....

No comments: