Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Head wounds and Cookie dough

Okay, so Nate is sick with some kind of viral infection in his lungs and has to be nebulized every 4-5 hours for the next 5 days. Nothing we aren't used to (just twiddilng my thumbs waiting for that asthma diagnosis, really). He is so messed up that his equilibrium is waaay off and he keeps falling into things and whacking his head. You should see the bumps and bruises this poor kid has sustained over the past 3 days!

Not to mention, this baby girl is killing me with my horrible eating habits (along with acne breakouts). This afternoon during naptime, all I wanted to do was drown my sorrows (whoa is me for having to take care of the poor baby, right?). And all I wanted to eat was the tube of Tollhouse cookie dough. I restrained myself from eating the whole thing, but supplemented with some leftover vanilla frosting. How Gross is THAT?

I have a dr. appointment tomorrow, and am dreading the scale. 17 pounds gained so far and counting, which if you know me is a HUGE deal, and extra weight gain not good. I'm sure it keeps my physical therapist happy though, because to a certain extent it gives her paycheck a boost every week.

I'm wondering when I'll start craving things like rice and lettuce....nice wholesome low cal snacks....like anyone ever craves rice and lettuce right? For now it's time for me to haul my FA up the stairs to bed and try to sleep with the little gymnast in my belly high on cookie dough and frosting and the miniscule amounts of sugar I'm sure are contained in both.

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

Dairy Queen actually LOSES money the years that I am NOT preggo. So I understand the cookie dough. The frosting does gross me out a bit. But hey I like to eat avocado all of the time and that grosses folks out. Poor little Nate. You guys are treatment kings and queens! See you Tuesday!
love,Julianne

jen said...

I love this web site and it inspires me to do the same! Let me know how to get one! I can't believe your little man is sick again! I guess you're getting used to it, but flu season isn't even here yet! As for your tube of cookie dough, I can relate, but mine was oberweis cho. shakes! LOVE!!!!! That 60-70 lbs had to be the night cravings....and the day cravings! Anyway keep posting I'll put you in my bookmark!
Love,
Jen