Monday, January 04, 2010

And We All Shine On!

Today is day 3 of our first official shiner for Nate. As you can see, the swelling is down, but the bruising is really starting to show. I think the fact that it looks worse means it's getting better, right?
I keep telling him I want to take a picture of his 'black eye'. Then he wants to know how his eyes turned black, and I have to tell him they're not really black, they are bruised. The bruising is across the bridge of his nose on both sides.

His preschool teacher today kept an extra special eye on him and said he was fine all day, which is great. He's bouncing around and acting like normal, despite every effort I've made to keep him relatively sedate throughout the day. Apparently the learning curve hasn't totally kicked in, since he almost fell off our stools at the island and was caught climbing up the back of the couch and then I caught him STANDING ON THE BED playing with his blankets.
If I ever start getting gray hairs he is the reason why. Just you remember that.

No comments: