Sunday, March 01, 2009

Girls Weekend, 2009

This past weekend, as aforementioned, I abandonded my mother in need and my family and headed out to meet up with 13 of my oldest friends. And by oldest friends, I mean that most of us went to Kindergarten together. We did Brownies, Indian Princesses, Girl Scouts, choir, dancing with Marla, Gymnastics, Swim Team, boys, parents, puberty, and growing up together.

Some of us hadn't seen each other in years. It maybe should have been weird, and my friend Kim and I talked about it, because what made it weird was that it wasn't weird. We got our drink on, played Apples To Apples, looked at old yearbooks, watched videos of the junior high talent show and singing the National Anthem at a Cubs game. We danced to old school music (oohhh Baby YOU, You got what I NEEEYED!), and We talked, we caught up, and we laughed harder than we've laughed together in a long time.

I took over 300 pictures, and since I can't post them all, here are the highlights.


This is me and Jennie. For some reason we thought headbanging was a good idea.
Jennie's mom and My mom were Girl Scout leaders together. Jennie coupled with her sister Katie are two of the funniest people I've ever known and I have them to thank for my abs hurting today. Jennie and I grew up together, really. Our sisters hung out and our brothers were best buds. We had us some good times. Doesn't she have the most beautiful smile?

This is me with Lisa. My first bff ever, and I can't even begin to write what we have been through together-it'd take too long, but you can imagine what your first bff ever means and that is the world. I CAN say her wedding was one of my favorite weddings I've ever been to, it was so beautiful. Lisa is one of the most genuinely kindest people on the planet and she is a beautiful person inside and out. I'm so glad she came this weekend!
This is just what happens when I have no kids to deal with. Let it all hang out and have fun!


We're hoping to do it again next year...maybe head to Arizona to visit Kim, since it's considerably warmer there in February than it is in Chicago!
Ahhh...now it's back to the grind this week, but that's okay. I'm refreshed and ready!







2 comments:

NYST8OM said...

That looked like fun. Its something we NEED to do. Leave the kids, the job, whatever and go all girl for the weekend or as long as you can. Good job to all who entered...

Weiss Women said...

So fun! I lived vicariously through your post! Thanks for the fun! :) I need a girls weekend like this. Just let your hair down and know that these people will love you no matter what.