Tuesday, March 10, 2009

And Thusly I Begin Again

It is officially tri training season. I am officially off drinking (although I won't deny myself a glass of wine now and then) and weaning myself from coffee. I have also begun keeping a food log writing down everything I eat, mostly to make sure I have enough protein and complex carbs, although it's hard to monitor this very well.

I also registered for this Triathlon Expo on the 21st. They're having a brick workout, swimming and biking for 45 min. each, and then a group run. I opted out of the run because of my foot although if it improves by this weekend, I may call and register for it. After the workouts (which begin at 6 a.m. EGADS!), there will be sessions given by a nutritionist for tri-racing specific nutrition, a yoga thingy, and chair massages. I know it all sounds cool, especially since it's free, but lets be honest when we say I am most excited about the chair massages-racing techniques be damned.

I'm hoping to do at least 3 races this season, the most important of course being the Danskin Breast Cancer race, which was moved from July to September this year. I don't know why they did that, given that Chicago weather in September is pretty iffy, but maybe the lake will be warmer than 72 degrees, which wasn't so bad because it made me swim that much faster.

For now I have my immediate goals at hand...like, finding my goggles and swim cap. Totally missed my workout this a.m. because Tuesday is a swim day and my gear is nowhere to be found.

Focusing on the important things....that's me.

1 comment:

Keri Speidel said...

So do you need a wetsuit for the swim?