Monday, September 03, 2007

The Pirate Treasure Hunt

According to Opa, Pirates left maps in his attic about a hundred years ago or more. He took the boys on a Pirate adventure in the backyard yesterday, and lo- and behold! There was a treasure, complete with Jewels, and a shrunken head skull bank. The boys certainly seemed to have a good time!


Here is one of the maps, complete with burnt "old" edges and everything.







Here is the "X" Marks the spot in the first tree. That's how the boys knew where to dig!




Note the torch. At times, small shrubbery was in real danger of going up in flames. Here, Jack and Opa find the buried map, and reveal the next clue.





This is the boys before the hunt. Uncle Richie had a "pick axe" weapon, for what I'm not really sure. They all had on their pirate do- rags and were ready for the adventure.




I'm not sure how this picture got in here at this point, but it's great grandma with 4 of her great grandkids. It has nothing to do with the Treasure Hunt.






Here are Opa and Jack, digging away!





Finding another map, and following the directions to the actual treasure! The writing is red, and depicts the pirate "code". For some reason, there was also a bottle of Captain Morgan (Yo ho ho and a bottle of ) Rum buried. I think Nate wanted to drink it.

All in all, my boys had a great time, and what a creative way to spend an evening! Mom Of The Year that I am, I loaded them up with Bugspray, and took lots and lots of photos. Opa of the year sent them on one sweet adventure!

2 comments:

jen said...

Your dad is THE BOMB!!!! Opa of the year...man of the year! What an adventure and what a memory!
Can he be my dad and take my kids on a pirate treasure hunt. Seriously my son would die!

I love it!
Jen

Weiss Women said...

This is amazing. What memories he is creating for them. I agree with Jen, he is Opa of the year!