Saturday, August 23, 2008

My New Ride

I don't have it in possession yet, but you can glimpse my new ride at:
http://www.trekbikes.com/women/wsd_products/bikes/2008/road/12wsd/

This is my new race bike, and I'm totally psyched. I will be able to race my triathlons much faster, and I have set the goal of completing an Olympic Length race by this time next year, specifically the Accenture Triathlon in Chicago. That entails a 1 mile swim, a 20 something mile ride, and a 6 mile run. I can totally do it. At least, with the bike I can. The run, as usual will be my pitfall, so my runner friends (Keri?) can help me, I hope.

My mom and dad rock, as they sprung the cash for said bike. I say they're making up for all the homecomings and proms I never went to. They say they're proud of my efforts in the triathlon and other breast cancer races.

I haven't picked it up yet, but in addition to hopefully joining the "Women Who Ride" Club, I really want to take biking classes at the bike shop with a coach this winter. I'd like to do the Ride for Awareness http://www.trekbikes.com/women/awareness_ride/ for Breast Cancer,
but I'd really have to change around my treatment schedule at work. We'll see.

Maybe I'll inspire one of you to do it in my place?

Thanks Mom and dad. Thanks for supporting me in this new adventure in my life. I'm really, really excited about becoming a "biker chick!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet ride! Now I'll never catch you! Sorry I missed your call today. We have company until Wed. morning. Hope to see ya soon, C.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful set of wheels you have there missy.
Enjoy the ride.