Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Busy, Busy Like Bees

We have been REALLY busy lately, so I'm trying to backtrack recent events. It doesn't help that I am also computer illiterate and thought that when I posted photos the blogger site was jazzed up, but really I needed to toggle to something different and long story short, when it comes to these big magic screens with buttons I draw blanks. Jack will know more about computers after he starts kindergarten than I ever will, but that's okay. It's good to have someone in the know in the family.


This is my grandmother, less than a week post surgery. We find out today what her treatment options are, if any. She looks pretty good though, and complained mostly about how messy her hair was. She complains more about her coiffure than a woman a third her age, but she is also of the generation (my other grandma does this too) who goes every week to the beauty shop to get their hair did.

I'm lucky if I go 3 times a year. Still, she looks good.

This is Steph with Brooke and Maddie visiting Grammies. Brooke is into showing people her nipples, and I have a cute photo of it, but I won't post it. It just doesn't seem right somehow....
John took the boys fishing again. Doesn't this look like that Green Acres photo...also titled American Gothic I believe? You know, the old scary dude with a pitchfork and his disgruntled biscuit making wife in her black dress and white bun?

I digress. The boys had a blast, mostly Jack fish, and Nate our future entymologist (if he doesn't succeed in his one man mission to annihilate the ant species entirely) got the worms.


Little fishy.

Littler fishy.

This is neighbor Joe. He's actually my parent's neighbor, but when I see him I say, "howdy neighbor". He's that kind of guy.
Neighbor Joe working out...I mean pushing Nate and Maddie in the Flintstone mobile across my parent's yard.
Neighbor Ray picking tomaters with Jack.

Fresh outta the garden.

On to Nate's last t-ball game. He did good.

Here he is on base. Thumbs UP!


Action shot, running to second.


Picking up speed and rounding third. You can hardly see him he's so fast.

Check out the medal. So totally cool!


Nate and Coach John. When Daddy's wearing the grey, he doesn't get called daddy. Always "Coach John".


I swear these two look like twins, and sometimes they act like it too. John really GETS Nate. I mean...REALLY gets Nate.

1 comment:

Keri Speidel said...

What an adorable family. You guys are good lookin!