Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Today, A Study in "A Busy Day"

Today was the first time in 4 years of parenting that the words "Wow, what a morning you've had" actually came out of my husband's mouth. I seriously think he believes the grass is greener on this side of the stay at home fence and I do nothing all day but watch Oprah and eat bon bons. Whatever.

After a night of no sleep due to 3 kids coughing all night long (I told John to sleep on the couch and he did) by 6 a.m. I had taken about all a person can humanly take. Jack didn't want to go to school, but if I am home all day with him one of us begins to lose hair due to violent, frustrated tugs, and it isn't him.

I got the kids dressed, fed, brushed hair and teeth, bundled, and loaded into the car and was at the 8 a.m. walk in sick clinic by 8:10. We wound up with Nate being okay for now, Maddie with an ear infection, and Jack with an upper respiratory infection and wheezing. He was fine to go to school however. All 3 kids are on drugs because I need Maddie to be well enough Thursday to be cleared in her presurgical physical since her Frenulectomy is next Wednesday. We left the doctors office by 9:30, I took Jack to school, Ran to Osco to fill the scripts, left there around 10:50, ran home for more coffee, and was back at school to pick Jack up by 11:30. Back home for lunches, stories and naps, and thanks to being in the car all a.m., Nate slept on our way to school so he's all up now. He is going to be a beast tonight.

Oh! And tonight is Karate night. So, I have to get all 3 back in the car, take Jack to Karate, bring them home, feed them dinner and do baths, story time, etc. Since John will be late again.

At this point, John's regular time home is around 8 so I'm not sure why we call it "Being Late" anymore. Being late is coming home around 10:30- which is when he strolled in last Thursday. I feel like a single parent with the benefit of a tax break of having a spouse. It totally sucks.

My mood today: Slightly tired. Slightly pissy. Can you tell?

No comments: