Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thankful

In light of everything going on lately, (ie: John's recent ER visit to say, "you may have gall stones or ulcers") and my recent EKG to find out I have really LOW iron (Thank you Thalessemia) and may be having stress related panic attacks, I can say I am thankful for the following:

The BEST damn pilgrim on the Mayflower. Check him out...right up front. And you should have heard him singing at his program. I could hear everything he was saying, since he'd been practicing for weeks for everyone to come watch him perform. He is the neatest, smartest, most precocious kid ever met, and he's all mine. I hope he does great things with all these gifts he's been given.
I am thankful for this beautiful boy's sense of humor. He smiles and can light up a room. Even when he's been totally busted and is in the naughty corner he'll do something hilarious that makes you hate yourself for having to punish him. And even though he is so busy sucking his thumb he doesn't talk much, I think he's pretty smart. Smart enough to keep his mouth shut most of the time anyway....


Aren't these the cutest kids ever? Why is it my Goddaughter is the only one smiling? Probably wondering how she wound up next to all the nuts in the family! And we're slightly jealous she has to get her hair done. Poor Mads and her business in front party in back Mullet!


I am thankful for this little blessing who was the biggest surprise of 2006/2007 but has made our family what it is nonetheless. What would we do without Lallan Gwace?
And of course I am thankful for such good friends who have provided an ear when I've needed to bitch, provided clothing for my kids as hand me downs, and have just been who they are and given my family love unconditionally.
I am also Thankful that mom made dinner tonight and allowed us all the opportunity to be together AND that I was able to thoroughly enjoy it as this is the first Thanksgiving in 5 YEARS I haven't been pregnant or breastfeeding. It was a pretty sweet dinner too.
Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: