Tuesday, May 01, 2007

She will Survive!

After a lot of hoopla, it was deemed that Miss M's kidneys look fine, via ultrasound. They couldn't get a good look at her bladder since she peed, but whatever. I'm pretty sure that's fine also.

On to our next fun adventure, Doc has deemed that her iron levels are really low. Her serum levels were at 18, and they need to be between 37-170, so now she is on iron drops. Maybe this will help clear up any problems, but I almost wonder if since I'm chronically anemic, if I should just give her iron fortified formula instead of breastmilk? The pharmacist today was of no help, really. She just said "breast is best". Sure it is, when mother has enough nutrition to give. I'd hate to give up nursing totally just yet....

Such a dilemma. And all I want to do is what's best for her.

Any advice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would nurse and give her the iron drops. This ways she is getting the best of both! Glad she is feeling better.

Darlene