Friday, May 04, 2007

When a Fart is just a Fart

On the way to the gym to take the boys swimming, an actual conversation:

"Mom, did you bring me extra underwear to put on at the gym?"

"No, why would I do that?"

"In case I poop my pants."

"Buddy, you haven't pooped your pants in a very long time. What makes you think you would do so now?"

"Well, I just farted."

"Oh. Well, sometimes you can fart without pooping."

At the gym, unloading the stroller out the back, Jack is standing up by the door ready to climb out.

"You're right mom! I just farted!"

"Oh....how are you so sure?"

"Well....I sticked my hand down my pants and there was nothing on my butt."

What we'd have done had there been something, I'm not so sure, but sometimes, a fart is just a fart.

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

oh, this little man is wise beyond his years! Sometimes "things happen" when you fart. Things that make you rush to the bathroom. And if you don't have those extra pants....He is prepping for college that one is!
love, Julianne