Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Whoa Black Betty... BAM A LAM!!!!

Saturday night I got to pretend for a few hours that I don't have 3 kids up my ass at all times. It was soooo great!

I went to a bachelorette party for the fiance of the guy who was the best man at our wedding. He actually stood up in our wedding with a good friend of mine who was best friends with this girl...yada yada yada, we have a love story wrought of fate.

Anywho, the evening started off relatively tame at my friend Kristin's condo in the city. We did shots, we at egg dip, we did more shots, we played "Pin the Bow tie on the Naked Guy", we filled water bottles with Captain and Coke, and we headed south to the Sox game. Everyone was required to wear a nametag throughout the entire evening, and the nametags changed periodically. Mine was "I Just Pumped". We had a "Black Betty Bam a lam", "Just call me Bob", and some others I won't mention. By the way....It was an awesome game,the sox totally lost 3-0.

After we closed The Cell, we went down to the players gate and met the very very very young Brian Anderson, also known as the no hitting centerfielder who pretty much sucks. He was cool though, he took a polaroid with our Bachelorette and snagged a pen from a ten year old pining for an autograph on his baseball in order to sing our polaroid. Drunk, Pretty Girls have no shame, and we can pretty much get what we want, even if we have to crush a 10 year olds' dream!!!

We headed back North to party in Wrigleyville, and by this time I had several new names: "Nobody puts me in a corner" being the most tame. One girl had to wear the "I made out with Jesus in Cancun" nametag, while others wore "Wall Splits", "Our God is An Awesome God", "I Eat", "Clap your hands for Jesus", "10 inches only" "Put Him in a Body Bag Johnny" (Props to those of you who know what movie THAT'S from), "Exit Only" (on their butt), and some others that are pretty risque to mention. It was fun watching people trying to figure out if we were some weird religious cult, or if we were just some weird chicks out for an evening.

I went home that night, and nothing sobers you more than a 75 minute drive home. Actually, I was drinking water at the game and on, so I was fine but just really tired. Last week left me wiped out, Saturday night semi-revived me, and now I feel like I'm still recuperating. It was totally worth it though.

BAM A LAM!

2 comments:

Weiss Women said...

I love that you had name tags!! Great! My bar name in college was Mona. Said with a lot of gusto! I am glad you had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

I want to PARTY with YOU!!!!


Darlene