Wednesday, May 16, 2007

The Best Mom's Day ever

This mother's day, I felt very blessed. I have 3 amazing kids, and a husband who really works so hard to make his family feel the love.

My Mom's day started actually on the Thursday beforehand. Jack's school had a special Mother's day Program where the kids sang, and it was the damn cutest thing I've ever seen. I think for posterity someone took a photo of all the mom's video taping their kids. Part of me hates to be the video taping mom, and the other part of me is the mom who can't let go and wants to hold these beautiful moments in time forever. Someday they will be cursing me and screeching at the top of their lungs how much they hate me, but for this moment I have my sweet sweet boy blowing kisses, taking bows, and saying "I love you Mom" on video.

On Sunday, John and the boys made breakfast. Scrambled eggs with nary an eggshell...it was delish (take THAT Rachel Ray). The highlight of my day was when John had Nate butter my toast. He did a great job, and then he ate it! It was hilarious, and really it made my day. Jack scooping "Candy Lobe' bits out of a halved melon with a kiddie spoon wasn't bad either.

I got presents too. Maddie gave me earrings and a necklace in her birthstone, which is this funky green gem called "peridot". I hope she liked it, someday it will all be hers (sorry future daughter's in law!!). Nate picked out flowers and I found out later that John had to discourage him from his initial choice of some half wilted, eaten looking dying wilting thing. Whatever...if it came from Nate, it would've been special! Jack made me a flower bottle (to hold my egg carton cutout flowers of course) and a cutout teapot with a poem that said:
"Happy mother's day,
I'll try to do my best each day...
Something something have some tea".

It was cute, the teachers attached a little teabag and I got teary eyed, until I realized they didn't give us anything to put in the tea. Yah, I can forgive you for breaking the window...let me drink my tea with a shot of VODKA in it, right???

To be fair though, I truly loved all my presents. Every one of them was a gift from the heart, and was thoughtful and loving. However, the best part of my day was when I took a 3 hr. nap. Really, in a mom's world, it doesn't get better than actually taking a break, and so I did.

I'll bet you're all jealous of me...not of anything I received that was tangible, but of the fact that I got to NAP!!! That 3 letter word is almost sacrilige in the world of "mom"!!!

I hope everyone's day was as blessed as mine!

Love to all the MAMACITAS!

No comments: