Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Why I already HATE tomorrow

Tomorrow is Jack's last day of school. He has successfully completed a year of "schooling'. Now what the hell do I do? It was the best 5 hours of my week!

Also, I'm sad. Very very sad. I just keep thinking...when he started school Maddie was literally
a few days old. She is my baby...my last, and now she is almost walking and talking.

Tomorrow, I will be given a book of the "scrapbooking" kind that Jack's teachers have been making all year. I will be reminded of his first day of school (the photos of which have been lost from the past hard drive), and I will be reminded of how much he has grown this year. I love it, and yet, I hate it. I love that he is so "grown up" and I hate knowing that I will never have this moment to treasure with him. I love that he is so "independent", and I hate knowing that he will be needing me less and less as each minute goes by.

I feel old.

I feel time slipping away.

I feel my babies leaving me......and it is SO hard.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. Samantha will be 4 (HOW DID THAT HAPPEN)at the end of the months. She is my only baby and it breaks my heart that she is getting older. I wish she could be this fun age forever....or at least of couple of more years. I love her more than ANYTHING!!!

Darlene