Monday, June 28, 2010

Welcome Baby Braden!

Isn't he just precious?
Friday was a busy day for us. First, my sister decided to go and have her baby 3 weeks early. But she didn't have him at a convenient time for me, which would have been sometime in the afternoon or late morning. No, she decided that 1:04 a.m. was a good time for action. That's okay, I suppose I can forgive her for keeping me awake forever...actually, she didn't, my mom did, and she was supposed to call when he was born, but I didn't get a call and at 3:40 a.m. when I took a bathroom break with no news from anyone I thought something bad had happened, but it didn't because my mom was at home in bed. Is that a run on sentence? I digress.


It IS a good thing this little guy came early. He weighed in at 8 lbs 1 oz. Were he to go full term, he may have been a full blown toddler walking out of the hospital.


We got to go visit yesterday. I didn't get to see him all weekend because John's cousin got married (what was she thinking? Didn't she know my sister had a baby? I can't be in 2 places at once!...kidding....kidding). He's really cute too, and has more hair than my daughter. I don't know what it is with my sister and her kids...that hair thing must be a dominant trait or something because she never birthed a baldy.


This is Nate holding the baby. He LOVED holding the baby. "He's so cute mom!". It was very sweet to see my bull in a china shop boy showing his sweet and tender side, and he really does have a sweet and tender side.

Jack looks ginormous compared to this kid. But you can tell they're cousins.
Nate was very careful with the head.


Sweet.



Nate really liked petting the baby. He's a very affectionate little guy.




You may be wondering where my photos of Maddie and the baby are. I don't have any. As soon as we walked in my sister's house, the girls took off to play together, and couldn't be bothered with a BOY (gasp!) even if it was a baby boy! So that is why there are no pictures of all the grandkids for Oma. We'll get those later.
So, congrats to my sister and her husband. And congrats to me, the best Auntie ever. Welcome to the family Braden Andrew! You have some catching up to do, but don't worry...your cousins will teach you the ways of the Jedi lightsabers, dart guns, water guns and all other forms of weaponry. You'll be an expert in no time!





No comments: