Tuesday, June 29, 2010

CSA Pickup Number One

Today was the first day of our CSA (Coomunity Supported Agriculture) pickup. A CSA is basically a share in a local farm. I paid money for the season, and every week I take my new bag and pick up what is in season. I chose to support 2 women with their own business. It's a girl thing. And a great way to learn about sustainability.
This is my new bag full of stuff. Fresh flowers included.
If you recognize any of these herbs please let me know. I'm at a slight loss with what to do with them.


Pretty.



The harvest. Berries, Beets, potatoes, onions, kohlrabi, a fresh head of lettuce, etc.



Look at all those yummy root veggies! Dinner's going to be great!



These are delicious.






Okay, what the hell do you do with a kohlrabi that will make it edible for young kids. HELP!



I also got some fresh dill in today's bag. Anyone have any ideas what I can use that for?
All in all, I'm so happy with the spread for today. It will keep meals interesting this summer, as I'll be receiving fresh produce that I may not have before tried. I feel like I got a lot of food, so economically, to buy organic fresh produce, this makes sense. Send me food ideas. I need them!
















No comments: