Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Truthful Tuesday

(Oh yest I did just steal your title, and you know who you are!)


In honor of my husband's birthday today, I thought I'd lay down some mundane truths that I haven't shared about me in a while. Spoiler alert: I am actually READY to celebrate his birthday. He is getting some wonderful new fishing lures, some new fishing line, sandals, sunglasses, and a tube of toothpaste. Most of it was all Maddie's idea and I supplied her with the necessary funds. So call and wish him a happy day. He's working from home today!


Truths: (in no particular order)

Number one:
I have never, ever, not even once watched even ONE episode of the following cult shows: Lost, American Idol, Celebrity Apprentice, Law and Order, CSI Miami, Mad Men, and anything with the words, "The Real Housewives of" in it.

Number two: I really hate being the first car at an intersection, especially if the people perpendicular to me need to turn. I get nervous that they won't cut the wheel enough and then I will die. I actually get palpitations sitting there.

Number three: When I fill my gas tank, I have to end on an even number.

Number four: My first tri of the season is in 2 weeks. I'm not even close to ready, thank you rancid making illness. This being said, I've decided to NOT work out again today.

Number five: I like historical fiction novels. I just finished one called, "The 19th Wife" all about Brigham Young, and polygamy in the U.S. I highly recommend it. It's a fascinating read.

Number six: I hate air conditioning, and did not turn mine on yesterday until after 3 p.m. Sure it was 90 out. Sure my thermostat read 85. I've waited a whole damn year for this weather and I will enjoy it dammit! I LIKE it hot! But, since the kids had trouble sleeping Sunday, I did turn it on (I'm still crabby about that) and then turned it off around 1:30 after we had dual bedwetting accidents. The fresh outside air is so much better.

Number seven: I have decided to take the summer off from work. I am officially on summer vacation. It feels good to have no set agenda.

Number eight: Speaking of no set agenda, the only camp I have signed my kids up for this summer is Vacation Bible School. I really like being able to wake up in the morning and say, "Let's go to the zoo/museum/farmer's market" today. Or, in all reality (because I like to think I'm more ambitious than I am), "Let's go sit at the pool today and do not bother me because I have this week's PEOPLE and it's IMPORTANT!"

Number nine: I'm due for my colonoscopy in November. Except I think I"m going to change the timing from when I had it done last time, which was 2 days before Thanksgiving. Nothing says, Enjoy your meal like prescription strength super colon blow.

Number ten: John is starting to plan a trip to Disney next year because he is the biggest kid in my house and he is really excited because the kids will all be pretty much big enough to go on EVERY SINGLE RIDE!!! I am secretly excited about the character dining. I really liked the character dining. Especially the Princess ones! (Don't tell anyone!)

1 comment:

Keri Speidel said...

Stealer.