Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Carving out a Niche for Ourselves

As usual we carved pumpkins that we bought from the church's overpriced yet do gooder pumpkin patch. Jack decided right off the bat he wanted the biggest one in the lot, Maddie promptly picked out one you couldn't even carve-because she wanted a small one, and Nate wanted a 'middle' one.

These are the precarving designs Jack envisioned. John actually let him wield a knife. Digging out the guts!

I cooked these puppies up, and they actually tasted pretty good. A little Olive Oyl and salt can work miracles on some foods.

Jack was actually REALLY into carving out the guts.


No -effort -Nate did maybe 2 scoops and declared himself done. He wound up not even carving a pumpkin, because that was too much work. He just helped big brudda clean out his.




Maddie didn't carve at all. She just utilized some stickers. Which was okay by me because when I cleaned my floor Saturday morning, there was very little pumpkin goo residue to scrub up.
He's such a good daddy....and she's not even paying attention.


Sticker Applique.


Part of the end result, although the entire thing is covered with about 7 different kinds of faces.


Here's Nate, getting in on the sticker action.


Mads and Jack built pumpkin towers.


Willis Towers has nothing on boy wonder here!


I never do get to participate in the carving, but I don't mind, as I'm taking pictures and preserving memories for the kiddos. I hope. Someday they'll probably just browse thru my files and wonder why in the world I took some of the shots I did. And when I'm old and senile and can say whatever I want because I'll be old and entitled I'll just remind them of what an awesome mom I was....watching them create Halloween memories.










No comments: