Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Happy Birthday Brycie Boo Boo!

Saturday was my favorite nephew's first birthday, and in an effort to document every single second, I snapped some 323 photos. Shocking, I know. Here are some highlights.

Not to be outdone by his sugar loving father, Mr. Man put a hurtin' on his smash cake. And he loved it.Here is a random photo of me and my gram. She has mesothelioma, a terminal kind of cancer most likely caused by the radiation treatment she received from her breastcancer battle. She has a hard time breathing, because the cancer is in her lungs, but had no problem laughing at all the kids. All 8 of her great-grandkids were at the party, how cool is that? My gram cracks me up because she tells me she's not old enough to do things that old people do, like crochet, or play cards in a senior center. I don't think I'll ever be old enough to crochet either.

Oh my gawd! Look at that face!!! He is always smiling, just like that. Don't you just want to eat him up?


Look how ginormous that smash cake is!


This is Jack with my dad's best friend from growing up, Uncle Tom. They ran the neighborhood. Uncle Tom's son is 8, and he's a great kid. I took this photo because Jack latched on to him and talked. And talked. And talked. And talked. And Uncle Tom didn't even seem to mind. Interesting fact: David Hasselhoff is in Uncle Tom's high school yearbook. He lies about his age.


My SISTAH GOT HASELF A WEAVE!!!! My sister calls and tells me she got a hair thingy put in for Breast Cancer month, which is in October. It's HOT PINK! She thinks I need one for my Danskin Race, but I'm not driving for over an hour to get a weave. And it really is a weave. They didn't just tie in a piece of pink hair. They BURNED it on and melted it or whatever it is they do to put in a weave.





Extrememe weave close-up. Note: She wants to put more in. She'd look alright with pink hair. For reals.






Mr. Man and his crown.





This was part of the cake. My mom's friend the Cake Lady made cookies out of his name. The middle part that is holding up the smash cake was supposed to be clowns, but my sister is afraid of clowns, so she improvised.



Yummy yum cake!
Happy birthday Bryce!









1 comment:

gailiop said...

Awesome pics Jen! I really must get a better camera :)

LOVE the cake and what an adorable nephew you have.

And remember.. Don't Hassle the HOFF!