Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Stupid Broken Foot

Pay no attention to the fact that I'm in DIRE need of a pedicure....
Yesterday my foot hurt like hell. It didn't stop me from working out, though I kept it easy on the elliptical. I found it odd when my foot would go numb, and then my knees hurt. I knew I'd see Andrea the Super PT from work today when I took Nate in for speech and she confirmed my foot is in fact, broken, right between where my 2nd and 3rd toe are (and the tape crosses in the middle).
She said I could have done anything to get the stress fracture...even stepping down a stair the wrong way, since I sincerely CANNOT recall what I've done in the past 2 days that would have broken my foot. Fantastic.
So, she kinesiotaped it for me, and with some tylenol to boot it already feels a bit better. She told me she saved me a lot of money in a useless x-ray and a dr. bill that would amount to a dr. doing nothing for me, except maybe pointing me in the direction of a physical therapist. Yay!
The good news is there is no restrictions on my activites, which means I can still run, but I need to ice my foot when I'm done and/or at the end of every day. I can handle that...I can handle anything for 6 weeks, right?

3 comments:

Keri Speidel said...

I am the expert on stress fractures. I have had over 15 in my legs and feet! I have worn "the boot" so many times I'd like to forget. Biking and swimming are best! I can give you more tips if you want :) I know this good coach too.....hang in there!!

Weiss Women said...

You are still going to run? I am going to put off starting working out again on account of your foot being broken. Don't thank me I like doing grand gestures like that. Why don't you stay off of it a little so it can heal?

NYST8OM said...

Please be careful! You have runnin' to do and you know these things can get worse. I wonder how you did it?