Thursday, June 28, 2007

Why I F****ng HATE Diego

All moms know Diego...the little Hispanic boy who saves animals. He is basically Dora's (oh, you know Dora, she's EVERYWHERE!) male counterpart.

Trying to be a "good mom" and alleviate the constant guilt I unsuccessfully supress on a daily basis, I let Nate pick out which cake he wanted me to make. I was lovin' the idea of Elmo. 2 colors, no problem. And then he saw Diego, and I almost started crying right then and there. But, since Jack always got what he wanted, it's only fair to Nate to let him have the same.

Diego had about 17 steps to decorate him. Within those 17 steps was imbeded and not numbered about 10 more, thus, Diego was slightly improvised on and for anyone who knows better and is looking closely,

1.) Yup, I cut out his green and yellow patch entirely. Gone. See ya. Too hard.
2.) Yup, I improvised on the shoes that are supposed to be 4 shades of grey.
3.) Yup, I realize it looks like he has the manly chest of a 35 year old. Don't care bout that either.


A close up of the face shows that his eyes aren't quite right either, and his tongue is the wrong color. The saving grace of Diego was that he was made out of Swiss Chocolate Duncan Hines cake mix and tasted pretty darn delish.

Spidey on the other hand was a piece of cake...pun intended. He totally rocks! And no improvising was required. Awesome. Happy 4th birthday my love!!


What a cool action photo. We love you Nate! Happy 2nd Birthday you big boy!!

1 comment:

jen said...

Your Diego Rocks!!! When asked my son knew exactly who it was and said COOL! So, don't beat yourself up...NO WAY in a million years would I have done that! You Rock!
Jen