Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thinking out Loud

I have so many things to blog about, I don't know where to begin. So I suppose I will just get carpal tunnel in a stream of consiousness.

Soccer:
Nate is freaking awesome. Here's how it works. He has a 1/2 hour practice, then a half hour game. He's team blue. Here's how it works (underline, highlight etc): EVERYBODY WINS! YEAY! Except when you play agains Nate because he is so super competitive, he keeps score and trash talks the other team. I find it difficult to put a stop to that kind of enthusiasm, because it's not like I'm the one yelling, "Yah! We're gonna crush them dad! 6 to 4....they better not get any more goals!". John of course loves it, because when Jack was this age he was more or less socializing with the other team, "Hey dude, nice kick!", or "Wow, you got a goal!", or "You're a fast runner, you got right past me!" Now of course Jack does a-okay for himself, but it has taken a while to get there.

Fundraisers:
Going on right now, my THREE children are involved in no less than FOUR concurrent fundraisers, and so my remedy for this was to THROW AWAY ALL THE "BUY OUR AWESOME PRODUCT' forms. Tomorrow is some sort of 'how many laps can you run' derby at the boys' school, but who the hell is supposed to give them money? Me? Uh, I pay taxes and buy your school supplies so uh, no. The neighbors? Might've worked if their kids weren't doing the same exact stuff. Grandparents? My parents have decided to vacation in Florida for 2 weeks, so, uh, no. Maybe if all of these fundraisers didn't happen all at once at the beginning of the school year when I'm trying to organize everything else, it wouldn't be so bad. But it is, and so we will not particpate in any of them. You can only ask people for money so much, and then it becomes a headache.

Running:
I have decided to run a 10k this weekend. It's a great cause: www.bearnecessities.org
but my last 10k didn't go so very well. True, at that point I had swum a mile, ridden my bike in the Omahanian mountains for 26 miles and then was running the 10k but still. Should be interesting at the very least.

Schedules:
I'd love to write more, but I have to pick up Nate from school Stupid 11:14 school dismissal!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

god parents or aunts and uncles if their kids arent doing it too!

Keri Speidel said...

11:14? Why not 11:25 or 11:00 or 11:30? Chicago is weird.