Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Pay To Play

Lookie what I made for dinner in the crockpot! Yum! It's not vegan, but that's okay. It was some sort of soy/hoisin/orange chicken. Of course Nate slathered his with ketchup and didn't eat it, and Maddie slathered hers with ranch dressing and didn't it it, but John and Jack devoured it. I've given up accommodating for the younger ones. There have been many a nights one or the both of them goes to bed hungry. On to the Pay to Play. Oh yah, I did so totally go there! I'm really sick of the 5:30 a.m. raps to the forehead asking to play wii. Or Jack waking BEFORE 5 to play the stupid ds. So now, I don't care when they play. They just have to pay me first.

How do they earn money? For every minute of reading for Jack and workbook work for Nate they earn a penny. Every penny equals a minute; you see how this plays out? They can earn extra for doing chores and they can lose minutes for being naughty. So far each boy has accumulated 30 minutes. Maddie wanted in on the gig too, so she just does some stuff and I give her pennies. She doens't play wii, but she may just learn a little about spending, saving, and time being money, that whole thing.
Now, aren't I clever? (For the moment anyway).

2 comments:

Keri Speidel said...

You are clever. I might have to steal your idea.

Allison said...

You are a genius! We have a no DS and Wii rule during the school week because it is not worth the arguments to me; and for lack of being able to PROCESS ANYTHING during or after playing. However, I think I may steal this idea instead. LOVE IT!!!!