Monday, May 11, 2009

We Went to Disney and Lived to Tell About It

We had SUCH an awesome Disney vacation last week! John and I are so proud that we did it all on our own and still didn't lose anyone! I took over 500 photos with my new Canon SLR camera, over 200 with my little camera, and my parents gave Jack his own nice new camera to create a "Jackumentary" with. Watching the photos on the t.v. yesterday, my dad said it was as he expected it to be...lots of pics of his face, balcony railings, random grasses and twigs, and also some legitimately good ones.

Here are just a FEW photo highlights....

First day and first time EVER at the Magic Kingdom. While our time there couldn't be beat, the kids totally enjoyed the pool and wanted to do that all day every day. We DID spend a good amount of time in our cool piratey hotel pool, but probably not as much as the kiddos wanted to!We met a TON of the characters, esp. at Hollywood Studios. We found a place where they were hidden and there were virtually NO lines. Sweet!

Nate took this one. You can hardly tell, but it's me and the evil Snow Queen. I liked her. She barked orders at the boys and they listened.


The ONLY time Maddie let any character near her without John or I holding her. Even during our princess dinings, she got a bit star struck. While it was cute, it was slightly irritating because I always had to find someone nearby to take our picture. Luckily, the characters travel with "helpers" who did a lot of snapshot shooting for me-esp. when John and the boys were doing big kid stuff.


There he is, the man, they mystery, the mouse himself!





I LOVE Mary Poppins. She's my favorite. And no, I'm not that fat. I had to still be wearing loose fitting shirts and shorts because at that point my belly button still hurt to have anything touching or pressing up against it. It still hurts a bit when I wear certain jeans...grrrrr.




I still love her.





As far as I'm concerned, I am Mrs. Incredible. We did meet Mr. Incredible too. He was fun.



The boys liked the "Star Tours" star wars ride. And the speeder.






Getting ready for a day o' fun.






Other highlights of our trip include:
-Nate getting gummy bears at every sit down character dining experience and having "Jelly Bear Wars". He had those things all lined up and doing battle. Hilarious.
-Jack telling air port security at check-in on our way to fly home that he "has a new gun packed in his suitcase, it's red, and you only need to shoot it once!" He saw our other Disney bags and laughed while John and I were slightly mortified...uh, son??? Not the guy you tell you have a gun in your suitcase to!
-Our 2 hour flight delay to get home, because the airlines entire computer systems crashed. Other than that, the logistics of our trip were all silly easy.
-Nate and Maddie having a serious discussion in the hotel room about how Minnie Mouse is a girl because she has a jinie, and Mickey is a boy with a penis.
-The boys favorite ride together being the "Tower of Terror". Sometimes, boys just rock.
-Maddie's face on "Small World". She LOVED that ride and would occassionally break out into singing the song. We also went on that ride no less than 7 times. At least.
-Nate declaring his favorite ride was the tram rides into the parks every day. Seriously. We coulda saved a lot of money buddy boy!
-Mary Poppins asking the kids their ages and then telling ME that I have my hands full. You know when Mary Poppins tells you you're a busy mama, then, well then, you are truly a superwoman!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are going in November would love the do's and don't!! Nice comment from Mary Poppins...made me laugh.

Darlene

Weiss Women said...

How wonderful! That's great that you had such a good time! I can't wait to go back. The kids make it magical don't they?!