Sunday, October 03, 2010

The "Good" Crusty Bread Story

I love my husband. I really do. But there are A LOT of things we just cannot manage to see eye to eye on, and I just don't get him. Number one, I have decided that I'm making soup or Chili every cold yucky Sunday that I can. Last week, vegetable beef, this week, Chicken and rice (I'd do chicken noodle, but do you know how hard it is to find noodles not made with eggs?). He cannot understand how I can turn soup into a whole meal. Soup is not a meal to him, it's a side dish. Well, eat more than one bowl, it's a meal. And it's healthy and clean and dairy free and almost edible for him on this new WHACK EGD diet thingy we have to endure for 8 weeks.



I will digress from the point of my real story to relay to you the following: Yesterday we got into a small argument because I saw a big semi truck with a sign that says, "Caution, Makes Wide Right Turns" and I had him explain what made the right turns any wider than the left. And he threw out some things about simple physics about how you have a whole lane of traffic to go around when turning left but right turns are always more sharper. Which I suppose I get, but being that the truck is the SAME size whether it's turning right or left, wouldn't, technically, the width of the turn be the same, you just have more room to do it to the left? This is one of those things where he just doens't quite 'get me' because 1 +1 always equals 2 for him, but not always for me. I am right brained. He is not. He is a logical thinker planner, and I am not. And I still do not understand how a truck goes wider turning left than right.



Back to my soupiness. I am making soup today, but I needed a chicken, so whilst I took the kids to church, I had him run to the grocery store. All I wanted was a chicken, and some good crusty bread to go with the soup.



He has never heard of crusty bread. (I have nothing to add to this.)



I wrote on the list, "crusty bread", and proceeded to tell him I wanted "good" crusty bread, from the bakery shelves, not the same old French Loaves that are always out. I informed him there is a sign that tells you this is "Crusty Bread".



Apparently he saw the sign. It just said "crusty bread' but it did not say "good crusty bread". So he asked the ladies at the store where they kept their 'Good Crusty Bread" because that is what his wife wants. After they laughed at him, they showed him to the crusty bread, and he brought home exactly what I wanted.

And tonight's dinner will be soup and GOOD CRUSTY BREAD!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

LOL... I never heard the expression "Crusty bread" either! But I am also mind-boggled about why trucks make wider right turns than left turns. I just try not to think about it! ;)

Weiss Women said...

Good Job John! You even stopped and asked for grocery directions!