Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Next Biggest Kick

Well, last week's presentation went very well, if you read between the lines. Tonight, our friend is presenting on the topic, "Now is the time...to get your affairs in order". Very timely, as it regards getting your will and all that other unthinkable stuff in order just in case. It makes me a little queasy to think of it, but I'm making John come to this presentation. It's just that important.

That being said, I'm going to backtrack a bit. This stream of consciousness typing is really too diffiuclt for anyone to follow, including me. But...

While Steph(not my sister) and I presented last week, she pulled up a great website for local CSA's. This stands for "Community Supported Agriculture", and basically the premise is you pay a certain amount of money for a season, get a box of a pre-determined size, and basically own a share of locally produced, oftentimes organic produce for the season you have paid for. We are so doing this this summer. I LOVE Farmer's Market's, but sometimes they are a bit expensive. This way, you get a good deal.

Don't just take my word for it. Check it out:
http://www.localharvest.org/

Discover a CSA near you, and enjoy the benefits of eating local!

1 comment:

Keri Speidel said...

We have CSA here in Iowa and I have a few friends that love it. If we ate more veggies (which we should) I'd love to try it. How are the tonsils gicantico?