Saturday, March 13, 2010

Busted By the Pastor

On Wednesdays during Lent, we (meaning the kids and I) have been regularly attending a lecture series. The kids have their program, I have mine. This Wednesday was about getting your affairs in order, such as a Medical Power of Attorney, Will, etc. Great info. I made John go, because we really should have a will. We just should. And we don't. Which is beside the point.

There is always a dinner served, soup and sandwiches, spaghetti, and the like. Anyone who knows John knows he just does not eat soup. Soup is NOT a meal. He cannot understand why/how people can eat soup and be full, as if soup were a real meal. Because it's not (keep in mind, soup is one of MY favorite meals, so I think he's a little crazy, but whatever. Opposites attract and all that blah de blah).

Well, remember the presentation I gave a couple of weeks ago? My friend Steph and I brought in some food samples-she made stellar brownies using applesauce instead of oil, and I brought in some Vegan grape salad, and some cornbread made with tofu. I have found many uses for tofu lately so we've been eating more and more as I can substitute it for dairy products in some recipes.

Following is an actual conversation between John and my pastor (who keeps trying to get me to run a marathon with him, but I keep saying that not even God can convince me to go that crazy).

Pastor: John, you really should eat something!
John: No, it's okay. I'm good, really.
Pastor: It's soup....the soup is good. The sandwiches are good.
Me: Yah, John's not really a soupy kind of guy.
Pastor: You really should go eat. It's better than tofu anyways.

Seriously? He busted me out. Totally.
And John could not stop laughing. Of course.

No comments: