Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Mom Prom

Last Friday was the Mom Prom Halloween Costume Party/Dance at Jack's school. We got dressed up and everything. He went as an army guy (GI Joe is a big deal this season, what with the new movie and all) and I went as Wenda. Wenda is Waldo's girlfriend from the Where's Waldo? books, which are funny in their own way. I got the idea because one year John went as Waldo, and since I sort of look like her I ran with it.

Most of my costume came from the resale shop, except the tights. Those I bought new, and I already had brown orhopaedic looking shoes.

So here's the 'real' Wenda (there is a whole backstory on this chick if you want to check it out on Wikipedia).




And here's Jack and I all ready to go!
Yes, that is tape on my shirt, made to look like stripes. You can't buy a red and white striped shirt anywhere. I looked. But the denim skirt is actually really cute, and it's an Ann Taylor that cost less than five bucks. Score!
I love this army pose. It's awesome!



We got to play fun games too, like pass the shrunken heads (sort of like hot potato) and tug of war (somehow the 10 moms lost agains their 10 or so sons-since some moms had more than one son), freeze dance, limbo, donut snacks. It was a blast. And then afterwards I was going to take him out to dinner for burgers and stuff. I let him pick where he wanted to go....and the answer was McDonald's.
I love a cheap date!

1 comment:

Weiss Women said...

You look so adorable!