Friday, April 10, 2009

The Real Story of Jesus on The Cross-As told by Nathan

Before I elaborate on my time in the hospital with the crazy orange haired dairy farming roommate, I thought I'd tell this story, lest I forget....

According the the middle child, THIS is what happened that first Easter Weekend:

"Well, you know mom, JeNus got nailed to the cross like this (arms flung wide) and he got DEAD!"

For anyone who doesn't have boys, death, dying, shooting, maiming, mauling, blood, and general ickyness are the soup du jour all day every day. Even when you try to teach them how to be civilized and say, "We don't talk that way dear", the TRUE obsession with the Easter story is how JeNus got DEAD. His story continues thusly:

"And then, after he got DEAD they put him in the tunnel with the big stone. But then JeNus wasn't weally DIED because the X-Men and Wolverine came in the hewicopter and rolled the stone away and KILLED all the bad guys who had hurted JeNus and so JeNus didn't really get Dead, he got out of the tunnel and went to heaben."

Easter Lillies and New Life indeed! In the mind of a 3 year old, JeNus is apparently, some sort of superhero. Wolverine claws optional of course.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

In 50 years, he should write that down just like they did for the Bible. ;) Hope you're recovering well!

NYST8OM said...

oh my god, I'M dying reading this!