Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Most Magical Place on Earth

No, it's not some Indian Ashram where you can feel enlightened. It's Disney World. And I LOVE it!

We surprised the kids last Friday morning with music from Peter Pan BLARING over the surround speakers. Yes kids, you can fly! Here are your packed suitcases. And they were only a little crabby we woke them up.

I took 560 pictures. The following are just some highlights. I have a few hundred more on Nate's very own camera and Maddie used my small one too. Needless to say, there are lots of nostril shots, but I did get one of me and the Mayor of Disney. The coolness factor was way high.

So, this is pretty much how these kids roll. In case you didn't know. Literally singin' in the rain.



I could be this Belle. What do you think she gets paid?



Now Opa...back away....let go and back away slooooowly.


After a day at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and a pink weave, daddy spoiled her with some sweet earrings.








This is her beauty treatment. She secretly loved it. Sabina from Argentina did her hair and Maddie with blonde hair took her pictures. It was meant to be.




Okay, so this Ariel wasn't the best looking, but I liked her. Seh and Maddie did theri 'crazy eyes' thing together. Very cute.





Sure, some people do amazing chalk drawings. In Epcot we sit in broken tires.






Here's the crew. It was nice my mom and dad were there...even if they ditched us for their luaus and hoopdie doos and what not...like they were the little kids...







Definitely one of the trip highlights. My dad got pulled out of a crowd to play this instrument. And then he got fired and demoted to maraccas. Funniest thing ever.





"And there I was...just walking along...mindin' my own damn business and I get pulled out of the crowd for this crap." Thanks dad....I'm glad you got picked. I hope you had fun doing it too. Even if you got fired.


For the boys, part of the fun of the trip was taking Oma on rides and making her have heart attacks. Like scary rides and water rides. Oma was a gamer and even suffered getting literally soaked. She and John got the worst of it...even in 90 degree weather their underwear was wet ALL DAY. It was almost funnier than Opa's stint in the band.






We saw LOTS of characters. But I refused to wait in line for an hour and a half for stupid repunzel. Even if Maddie and her dress and weave were a cute RIPENCIL.





Anyone know what this is? It was right outside our room in the river. I kept calling it a sealion, but I think it may be a muskrat.





So, of all the princesses, I find Snow White to be in the top 3 annoying. She wanders into a house that's filthy and the midget residents have names like "Dopey" and "Sleepy"? Aside from the stereotypical male references regarding such, what obligated her to clean that mess? Because she thought cute little children lived there? Girl, please. You're a princess. Hire a maid. And don't be so stupid as to eat a nasty apple from an ugly old lady. Stupid. You give teenage girls a bad rap.




Another park, another classic pose.





I've got my eye on you Mike Wazowski.....




Honey I shrunk the kids. And tried to leave them there. But they found me. And followed me home.









It used to be the 588-2300 Empire today guy. Now Opa's squaring off with a cartoon handyman.





It's cool to get your picture with Walt's frozen head.



Ahhh if it were that easy.






Who doesn't love Woody and Buzz?





My 4 favorite people on the tea cups. I will not go on them. Ever. But I will take photos.




Again....if only it were this easy....



So that's a brief sampling of the almost 600 photos. I love Disney world in all of it's King of American Gluttony implications. There is a certain amount of guilt, but John is like a little kid there creating memories. I love the time spent with the kids. The bonding...the memories. Mr. Walt was a genius. Absotively posolutely.















































1 comment:

Julie (cake lady) :-) said...

too funny! we are will be heading there next year!